| 0 comments ]



*GASP* I know, I know people…just relax and let me explain. I know what you’re thinking. How could Ms_MaryMack possibly one of the most liberal people I know suggest that Black people support the Republicans…especially during election season! Well let me tell you, I’ve always erred on the side of the somewhat unethical Machiavelli when it comes to politics. The end justifies the means. Let’s be frank, Obama doesn’t have a Black Agenda. He has a Homosexual Agenda and a Hispanic Agenda but he didn’t feel one was necessary for Black people. Honestly, I don’t blame him or any other candidate for any office for not having a black agenda. Why? The simplest answer is because Black people don’t vote. Not in primaries, not if it’s raining, not if we can’t run our errands after work, not if it’s too inconvenient. Given there are very valid cases out there regarding what appear to be government officials trying to deter people in darker communities from voting by having long lines due to severely overcrowded voting stations, weird hours, and so on. But let’s put these “unicorn” cases to the side and discuss the real issue.


I always thought Black people that didn’t vote had to be uneducated, lower socioeconomic people that were completely disillusioned by the system because of the hard life they had. Then I started meeting ex-military people, accountants, engineers, and so on that say they don’t see a point in voting. My thought is how you, as a college educated individual who learned about the civil rights movement and know about the struggles of your people just decide it doesn’t matter and not do it?



I’m trying to keep this short so let me cut to the chase. Democrats know that black people don’t vote, but they also know that when we do vote most of us are voting for them, especially black women. You ever see any presidential debates where they ask questions that are targeted towards black women? I don’t. You ever see any campaign ads that reach out to us? I don’t see these ads and I don’t see these ads because the Democrats know I’m in their back pocket. They don’t cater their policies or initiatives towards us because we don’t keep them in office. We are not a strong base and any career politician would be foolish to focus on improving or addressing any black issues.

Now you’re probably thinking the Republicans aren’t any better than the Democrats, and you are correct. The things they say sometimes are so ass backwards that I’m often stumped by their audacity. Anyone see the government official caught on camera saying he was going home to eat a taco, after a reporter asked him what was he was going to do for Latinos? So trust me, registering as a Republican isn’t to help the Republican Party it’s to help make both parties take us seriously.



If 50% of the black people that registered Democrat switch over to Republican, both Republicans and Democrats would HAVE to take notice. The Republicans would see this is a potential way to guarantee they become the ruling party since they wouldn’t have to worry about the black vote being what tips the scale in favor of the democrats. The Democrats would have to develop a specific agenda directly solely towards us in order to win us back and keep the ones they have. Are you following me now?

After vetting the candidates, I feel like Newt and Santorum are pricks, Romney is a threat to Obama and faking during the debates (I don’t like liars), and Paul is a great guy but most of the things he talks about he can’t change. So I’m going to stick with Obama. Now, I don’t want Obama to go against Romney. I’d rather it be Newt or Santorum. So if every black person registered as a Republican now they could go and vote for the best candidate to give Barack the best chance of winning and in turn we would get more attention from both parties that we are a group of people who are not to be ignored.

So this is just one step or idea in my plan for world domination…what do you think?

0 comments

Post a Comment